Waking in the morning, searching for pain and it’s no longer there.
Sitting at dinner with your friends laughing and being fully present and engaged, because the pain is no longer hijacking your attention.
Playing your sport or engaging in your favorite activity and feeling on fire – not because you are in pain, but instead because you are in a state of flow. And the best part is that after playing, you feel totally invigorated!
These are examples of the transformations that people create for themselves through this work. Postural Healing is an innovative approach to non-medical pain relief that incorporates postural alignment therapy, mind-body medicine fundamentals, and lifestyle modifications. The end goal is to get to the underlying cause of chronic pain rather than treating symptoms. Postural Healing is an alternative to surgeries, injections, and pain medications. In addition, it is a powerful tool for those who want to maximize their health, well-being and active lifestyle.
Postural Alignment Therapy – What is it and how does it work
Postural Alignment Therapy is effective for many types of pain, including but not limited to back pain, joint pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, hip pain and knee pain. Postural imbalances can be caused by physical traumas such as falls or accidents, but also by habitual posture and movement patterns that become so ingrained in the body that they create misalignments over time.
Additionally, it is a non-invasive, natural approach to pain relief that works to realign joints and muscles in the body to reduce pain, improve movement, and enhance overall wellbeing. Through gentle corrective exercises, it helps to stimulate deeper healing by reducing compression of discs and friction in joints so that the body can regenerate and heal.
Mind-Body Medicine Fundamentals – Techniques to Reduce Stress
Mind-Body Medicine Fundamentals is the practice of utilizing techniques such as mindfulness, breathing and meditation to reduce stress in the body. It recognizes the connection between the body, mind and spirit. These techniques are used to restore balance to the body’s nervous system, improve physical health and emotional wellbeing.
Thus, when used together, postural alignment therapy and mind-body techniques create a sense of harmony between mind and body. The end result is pain reduction, improved performance, and overall well being.
When to consider going to Postural Healing
Postural Healing is ideal for you if you:
- Prefer to avoid drugs, cortisone shots and surgery whenever possible and value incorporating a natural approach to pain relief.
- Believe in the body’s natural ability to heal given the proper conditions.
- Are an active participant in life and are willing to make lifestyle changes to heal and promote wellbeing.
- Like to be heard and collaborate in your healing process.
- Give importance to an individualized approach that views the body as a whole and considers the whole person (body, mind and spirit).
- Value getting to the underlying causes of pain rather than treating symptoms.
- Want to develop lifelong skills and tools to be active and pain free throughout life.
- Deeply value self-care, your health, being able to live your best life, and the freedom of active pain free living.
Corrective posture exercises balance muscle groups and create stability and strength for optimal alignment and functional movement. More importantly, Postural Healing teaches you lifelong skills and tools to remain active and pain-free. Visit Postural Healing’s Official Website!
SUBSCRIBE to our NEW Youtube channel!
Leave a Reply